Hvordan var artiklen?

1471930cookie-tjekDe sidste af os: Del 2-lækkere er blevet identificeret og er ikke tilknyttet SIE eller Naughty Dog, ifølge Sony
Industri Nyheder
2020/05

De sidste af os: Del 2-lækkere er blevet identificeret og er ikke tilknyttet SIE eller Naughty Dog, ifølge Sony

Sony has issued out multiple emails to websites and writers around the web saying that it has not only identified the leakers behind Den sidste af os: Del 2, but it has found that said leakers have no “affiliation” with Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) or Naughty Dog.

According to Sony and its emails, the company basically notes that the rumors regarding disgruntled employees are false. Although some people are calling it damage control on Sony and Naughty Dog’s end, what is for certain is that the former company is issuing out “correction letters” en masse.

Endvidere gamesindustry.biz received the following letter from Sony, which reads:

“Sony has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that it has identified the primary individuals responsible for the leaks earlier this week, saying they were not affiliated with Sony Interactive Entertainment or Naughty Dog, as was rumored.

The publisher declined to comment further, saying that the information was currently subject to an ongoing investigation.”

This information that Sony provided to said website sparked excitement in the disingenuous vice president of Naughty Dog, Neil Druckmann, encouraging him to post the following message on his Twitter account:

As per Druckmann, there are “a lot of other false rumors” that need to be cleared up, but clarification can only happen after the sequel to the 2013 game hits store shelves and the digital scene.

I mellemtiden arstechnica.com covered Sony saying in an email that Den sidste af os: Del 2 leaks were disheartening (further proving the validity of the various leaked footage). Sony’s full response to the leaks sit below:

“We’re disappointed that anyone would release unauthorized pre-launch footage of The Last of Us Part II, disrupt years of Naughty Dog’s hard work and ruin the experience for fans worldwide. We want everyone to have the opportunity to play The Last of Us Part II at the same time and ask that viewing or sharing of the unauthorized footage be avoided.”

As of May 1st, 2020, the same website received another email from a Sony rep, detailing word on the situation regarding the leakers:

“Identified the primary individuals responsible for the unauthorized release of TLOU2 assets. They are not affiliated with Naughty Dog or SIE. We are unable to comment further because the information is subject to an ongoing investigation. We’re looking forward to when The Last of Us Part II will be in your hands and can’t wait for you to enjoy the full experience on June 19.”

So what can we gather from all of this? Well, Sony has found the leakers. These leakers — that spread the initial or first footage of the game — supposedly have no affiliation with SIE or Naughty Dog. And lastly, Sony and Druckmann will comment later on the situation after Den sidste af os: Del 2 udgives til PS4 den 19. juni 2020.

Andre nyheder i branchen